Saturday, November 5, 2011

JBoss 7 and Oracle Logging Update

So we finally got our application upgraded to JBoss 7. After beating my head against this OJDL in JBoss 6 error for a while I just put it away hoping that JBoss 7 would fix it. I must say that I really like JBoss 7, almost as much as I hated JBoss 6. It just seems like everything works better and is better documented to boot.
Unfortunately while all the CXF/Spring stuff is working great, and I was even able to use log4j in a custom fashion, I still get this error when attempting to use embedded mode connecting Essbase:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.logmanager.Logger cannot be cast to oracle.core.ojdl.logging.ODLLogger
at oracle.core.ojdl.logging.ODLLogger.getODLLogger(ODLLogger.java:102)
at com.hyperion.dsf.server.framework.BaseLogger.(Unknown Source)
...

This guy had a decent writeup on oclj (about the only thing I could fine) but I still have to read it more closely.

And I can't help but think if I understood sflj better it might help as well. I've included it in my war to help clear up some errors but honestly I need few less frameworks trying to help me...


No comments:

Post a Comment